2012 Media Kit
Mission: We have created a magazine, website and social media resources dedicated to getting people moving and living healthier lives by increasing their physical activity and eating better.
Athens MOVE has been created through the collaboration of individuals and organizations that share a common passion for improving the lives of our citizens and community through sports, recreation, fitness and wellness programs. With the support of our Advisory Council and community partners, we have brought together our experience, expertise and voices to focus on four basic goals:
+ Encourage people to increase their physical activity and eat a more balanced diet of
+ Educate them about the many different ways that they can get moving and eat better.
+ Inspire them with incredible stories of people who are making healthy changes in their lives.
+ Connect them with organizations, facilities and resources that will get them moving and living healthier lives.
Editorial: MOVE® is divided into four Zones that provide a mixture of corresponding articles, spotlights, and resources from a combination of local, regional and national perspectives. Each zone will include a feature article along with several editorial departments such as the following and more.
- Athlete on the MOVE
- Coaches’ Corner
- Performance Tips
- Picture Perfect
- Team on the MOVE
- Just PLAY
- Places To MOVE
- Senior MOVES
- Spokes And Sprockets
- Paws To Play
- On The Trails
- Healthy MOVE
- School MOVES
- Womens’ Moves
- Kids’ Moves
- Fiscally Fit
- Nutritional Tips
- Inspiring MOVES
- Making A Difference
- Community MOVES
- Community Calendar
- Medical MOVES
- Parents of youth between the ages of 3 and 18
- Youth between the ages of 5 and 18.
- Local athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts, coaches, active seniors and anyone who likes to MOVE
- Community leaders, educators, business owners, health care professionals
Circulation 28,000 Copies:
- Distributed through all public schools in Clarke, Oconee, Madison and Ogelthorpe counties
- Introduced in class to every kindergarten – 8th grade student and sent home in weekly folders
- Available in high schools and used in 9th grade health & PE classes
- Distributed to most Athens area private schools
- Distributed to major employers in the Athens area
- Available FREE to human resource departments, community outreach coordinators and corporate wellness programs
- Available Free at:
- Targeted retail locations
- YMCA, YWCO, The Omni, Bodyplex, and other fitness centers, and parks and recreational facilities
- Doctor, dental and medical office waiting rooms